Recipe by TheDancingCook
Pizza dough topped with cheese, sauce and pepperoni filling then bundled up and baked. Feel free to use veggies or other meats for filling. This easy to prepare, kid-friendly bundle makes a nice lunch or an easy weeknight dinner. As a main dish, this will feed 4 children or 2 adults. I serve this with a tossed salad on the side. This recipe is courtesy of Pillsbury.
Top Review by AmyMCGS
9/18/05 Good & easy for lunch. I added more pizza toppings- peppers, onions, and mushrooms. I also made it in a square pan since I didn't have the right size round one. My only problem was that the top and outer edges were browned and the middle was a bit doughy- I might cover it in foil next time. ****** Reviewed again 10/6/05: The second time I made this, I put it on a cookie sheet, and braided the top. It came out delicious- the crust was evenly browned.****** Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1 (13 7/8 ounce) can prepared pizza crust
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese or 2 cups Italian cheese blend, shredded and divided
- 1⁄3 cup pizza sauce
- italian seasoning, to taste
- 30 slices pepperoni
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray an 8 inch round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Unroll the dough and place in the pan; there will be four corners of dough extending over the sides of the pan, pressing the dough lightly against the bottom and up sides of pan.
- Over the dough, sprinkle 1 cup shredded cheese, spread sauce evenly over cheese, sprinkle with Italian seasonings, top with pepperoni slices ending with 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Using kitchen scissors, cut off about 2 inches of dough from each corner; discard.
- Bring all ends of dough upward and together at center, twisting to close at top of pizza.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a golden brown.