Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
You may use any ingredients you like in this pizza like casserole. Ham, pepperoni, sausage, olive, green peppers, etc.
- 1 lb chopped meat, cooked and drained
- 8 Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, Homestyle
- 1 (14 ounce) candel monte diced tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- italian seasoning, to taste
- Preheat oven according to biscuit directions sepatate Grands into 8 biscuits and roll thin, 1/4 inch.
- Line bottom and up the sides of a 9X9 baking dish with rolls. Press together to form a sealed crust, bake for 15 minutes.
- When rolls are baking, cook and drain meat. Add tomatoes and spices and any extras you are using. Heat throughly.
- When the rolls are finished, gently press down the middle. Do not press down the sides. Sprinkle rolls with Parmesan cheese. Spoon meat mixture into the rolls with a slotted spoon, draining the sauce.
- If you do not drain the liquid the end result will be runny.
- Spread mixture evenly. Top with mozzerella cheese and spice to taste.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
This was an OK dinner. The crust was brown and almost burned by 25 minutes- I'm glad I checked on it! A whole pound of meat (I used sausage) seemed like too much in a small pan- I think half a pound would have been plenty, even though this is a "deep dish" pizza. Overall, I think my family just prefers some other deep dish recipes, but this one was worth a try for something different & easy. Thanks for sharing!