Recipe by LMillerRN
You may use any ingredients you like in this pizza like casserole. Ham, pepperoni, sausage, olive, green peppers, etc.
Top Review by AmyMCGS
This was an OK dinner. The crust was brown and almost burned by 25 minutes- I'm glad I checked on it! A whole pound of meat (I used sausage) seemed like too much in a small pan- I think half a pound would have been plenty, even though this is a "deep dish" pizza. Overall, I think my family just prefers some other deep dish recipes, but this one was worth a try for something different & easy. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 lb chopped meat, cooked and drained
- 8 Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, Homestyle
- 1 (14 ounce) candel monte diced tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- italian seasoning, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven according to biscuit directions sepatate Grands into 8 biscuits and roll thin, 1/4 inch.
- Line bottom and up the sides of a 9X9 baking dish with rolls. Press together to form a sealed crust, bake for 15 minutes.
- When rolls are baking, cook and drain meat. Add tomatoes and spices and any extras you are using. Heat throughly.
- When the rolls are finished, gently press down the middle. Do not press down the sides. Sprinkle rolls with Parmesan cheese. Spoon meat mixture into the rolls with a slotted spoon, draining the sauce.
- If you do not drain the liquid the end result will be runny.
- Spread mixture evenly. Top with mozzerella cheese and spice to taste.
- Bake for 30 minutes.