Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This is an adopted recipe. I will post an intro after I make it.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh peaches (6 c sliced)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream, Whipped
- juice over peach slices in large bowl.
- Mix 1 1/4 cup sugar with the salt, nutmeg, cinamon and flour.
- Add to peaches.
- Toss until evenly coated.
- Spread in 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Dot with butter.
- Roll out pastry to to cover dish with 1 1/2 inch overhang.
- Press pastry to edge of dish and flute edge.
- Cut 3 vents in top.
- Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake 10 minutes at 450 degrees, then reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake 30 minutes more.
- Serve with whipped cream.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
Tried this recipe using splenda and it came out great! This recipe made a delicious peach pie with just the right amount of spice. Will definetly make again.
Just put the pie in the oven..easy. Looks great