Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This sounds wonderful for those who get really good fresh peaches! Found on the 'net.
Make and share this Deep Dish Peach Custard Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry (4-cup volume)
- 3 1⁄2 cups about 7 medium peeled pitted and sliced peaches
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 -3 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, chilled
- PREHEAT oven to 425°F.
- ARRANGE peaches in pie shell. Combine sweetened condensed milk, eggs, butter, lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg in large mixer bowl; beat until smooth. Pour over peaches.
- BAKE for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with Streusel Topping. Reduce temperature to 350°F; bake for additional 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
- FOR STREUSEL TOPPING.
- COMBINE brown sugar, flour and walnuts in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Followed this recipe to the letter....it is NOT a keeper.