Recipe by Lisa Pizza
Pizza's are so much fun to make - especially when they turn out to be so yummy!! :) I encourage you to take liberties with this recipe. This is a good base and taste's great as-is. But, I'm sure you could improve it with your own ideas! :)
Top Review by Akikobay
Oh my! This was the most incredible pizza. We followed this exactly and loved every last crumb. We've also used this method to make other types of pizza, but the olive oil and garlic on the dough and the topping doesn't change. Your dough recipe is amazing. Completely delicious... we'll never be able to eat pizza out again! Lisa Pizza, you've spoiled us completely and we are forever grateful!
- sicilian pizza dough (Sicilian Pizza Dough)
- 1 can roasted chopped tomato
- 1 jar roasted red pepper
- 1 head garlic
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can sliced black olives
- 6 ounces feta cheese
- 5 thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh spinach, leaves cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, shredded
- 2 -3 tablespoons pine nuts
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a pizza stone in a 425 F oven for one hour before use.
- Peel and slice all garlic cloves and place in olive oil to perfume it.
- This is the oil you will use for the rest of the recipe.
- Brush rimmed baking sheet with some olive oil to coat.
- After pizza dough has rested 30 minutes, per recipe, punch down and dump into baking sheet.
- With oiled fingers, dimple and stretch/push dough to fill sheet, with edges being a bit higher for crust.
- Brush with olive oil and spread garlic over dough, leaving 3/4 inch crust.
- (you should have a fair amount of oil left) Place baking sheet on pizza stone and bake for 7-10 minutes, until very light tan/brown.
- Remove from oven and spread a layer of crushed/chopped tomatoes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients in any order that appeals to you!
- That's the best part of pizza- you can add to, delete and embelish any way you want.
- I usually drizzle a bit more olive oil over the whole thing again, and brush the crust a bit more.
- Place baking sheet back on pizza stone for another 12-16 minutes, until the crust is a nice golden brown and it smells wonderful!
- Remove from oven, and slide pizza from baking sheet to a cutting board.