Recipe by Bamabelle1202
Kind of like beef stew crossed with a pot-pie. Easy to make and it was sooooo good! Can be made in 4 individual ramekins or in one large casserole for convenience.
Top Review by GodFeedsUs
I just made this for my husband and three year old tonight and they both loved it. Super easy to make. I didn't have gravy, so used Cream of Mushroom soup and also I didn't add the potatos. It was very flavorful. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb ground chuck
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 russet potato, unpeeled, diced
- 1 lb frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (12 ounce) jarheinz beef gravy, with Onions
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 egg white, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Spray 4 (2-cup) ovenproof bowls with cooking spray; place bowls on cookie sheet (line sheet with aluminum foil for easy cleanup).
- Brown beef and onion in a large deep skillet over medium heat until done. When done, drain and return to pan.
- Add in the teaspoons of basil, garlic powder and oregano. Then mix in the potatoes, frozen vegetables, tomatoes, gravy, salt/pepper and Worcestershire.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until the potatoes are almost tender. Stir often to prevent sticking. (The potatoes will absorb and neutralize some of the spices, so taste-test and add in more salt/pepper as needed).
- Meanwhile, unroll the pie crusts and cut circles slightly larger than the openings on the bowls. Also cut slits in the crust to allow steam to escape.
- When meat mixture is ready, spoon into the individual bowls and top with the little pie crust circles. Brush the pie crusts with the egg whites. If desired, you can then sprinkle extra herb on top. (Parsley/Basil/Italian Seasoning/Oregano - Something green is pretty).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until crusts are golden brown.
- *If you won’t be eating them all at once, simply cover the meat mixture and put in the refrigerator. Then when you are ready, put the pie crust on the bowl, brush with the egg white and bake until it is heated through and the crust is brown. Perfect to make on a Sunday and eat during the week!
- *To make one large pie, spoon the mixture into a 2 quart casserole dish. Cover with the uncut pie crust. Bake at 425 degrees for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.