Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Delicious-my own recipe- this recipe is designed for the Le Creucet Round Tatin Pan. The Tatin is made of enameled cast iron. It measures approx 9 3/4 " in diameter and about 3" tall.
- 6 cups thinly sliced fresh peaches
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 ready-made pie crusts
- sugar and cinnamon
- Preheat Oven to 400°F.
- Mix peaches, cinnamon, sugar and flour-toss to coat. Set aside.
- Press 1 crust into pan and mold ( with fingers) into pan. Flute edges.
- Pour peach mixture into the crust.
- Dot with butter.
- Cut top crust into strips and lattice the top of the pie . Use extra crust to form small designs that you can put over the lattice( optional).(Or put a top crust on any other way you want).
- Brush with egg white mixed with water.
- Sprinkle additional sugar/cinnamon on the top lightly.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until the peaches are bubbly and the top is browned.
- Place hot pan over rack to cool.