Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is another recipe clipping that Mom collected. I am sure there is one here on Zaar, but I just want to put it here for safe keeping. These are all cut out of magazines and I have no idea which magazine or paper they came from. Some are even newspaper clippings.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 cups apples, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 cups cranberries
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt
- Cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add combined egg and milk to flour mixture.
- Stir in cheese.
- Form into a ball.
- Roll 2/3 of dough into a 15 inch square on a lightly flourd surface.
- Line an 8 inch square baking dish with dough.
- Flute edges
- Combine flour, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Toss with apples and cranberries.
- Spoon into pastry dough shell.
- Dot with margarine.
- Roll out remaining dough to a 12 inch square.
- Cut into 1/2 inch strips.
- Place on top of fruit in a lattice pattern.
- Press to seal edges.
- Bake at 400* for 30 min.