You can use your favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe or you could buy some already-made cookie dough to make these deep dish cookies which are baked in 4" ramekins or other small baking dish. Make as many ramekins as you need and then make cookies from the rest. When they are taken out of the oven, let them sit for a few minutes and then top them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. You could drizzle some hot fudge sauce over the top of the ice cream or dress them up in any way that you want. NOTE: They would not allow me to put in the 4" ramekins but you will need one ramekin for each person. The photo that I submitted is in an oval ramekin and I got them in the dollar store for, you guessed it, $1.00, and they are suitable for the oven.
- 1 (15 -16 ounce) package refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Fill ramekins 1/2" deep with raw cookie dough.
- Place ramekins on a cookie sheet and put in middle rack of oven.
- Bake 375 degrees for 12-18 minutes or till top starts to turn golden brown (you want them slightly underdone, but not too doughy).
- Remove from oven and place each ramekin on a pretty napkin so that you can hold the hot dish as you eat.
- Top with a scoop of ice cream and enjoy!
Takes 2 minutes to prepare and all you have to wait is for these little babies to bake up! Topped with ice cream right out of the oven, is chocolate heaven for me! I added a little hot fudge and nuts on mine too!
These are so easy to make and with such little effort it is amazing how delicious they are! We ate ours hot out of the oven with a huge scoop of Vanilla Bean ice cream and it was mmmm good!