Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Cake-like brownies that are moist and chewy, you could add nuts but we like them without
- 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Spray a 9x13 glass pan.
- Cream margarine, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs 1 at a time.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl.
- Blend in flour mix a little at a time using mixer.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Spread evenly in pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Let cool and slice into squares.
I added walnuts since my family loves them. Brownies should be fudgy-but not oily, that is what I especially loved about this recipe. I've made many brownies from Zaar and this ranked one of the best of the best from my DS's and DH.
These were very good brownies and I like the addition of the chocolate chips. They were very easy to make as directions were easy to follow. Just a note to bailey...as good as these are, I think I like your "big and chewy chocolate chip cookies" even more. ;) I'll be making these again! ~k