Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is an all time favorite at our house. My children are always asking for it.
Make and share this Deep-Dish Chicken Pot Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed peas carrots and potatoes
- 1 small onion
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of potato soup
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine thawed mixed vegetables and onion in a bowl; mix well.
- Add chicken, soup, milk and poultry seasoning to bowl; mix well.
- Add broth; mix well.
- Line a deep-dish pie pan with a pie shell.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pie shell.
- Place remaining pie shell over chicken mixture.
- Press to seal top and bottom shells together.
- Trim off any excess pastry.
- Crimp edge.
- Pierce top pastry several times to vent.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until golden brown.
What a wonderful pot pie. Perfectly seasoned - love the poultry seasoning. I steamed the veggies and softened up the onion first.
Very easy and delicious. I also used the corn, peas, carrots and green bean mixture because thats what I had in the freezer. I added a small cooked potatoe to the mixture. Thanks HeatherP for a great recipe.