Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this recipe in a Kraft cooking magazine. It has some interesting differences to the normal pot pie recipe.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup Italian dressing
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) package mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 pie crust
- Preheat over to 375 degrees.
- Cook the chicken in the Italian dressing 2 minutes. Add the cheese; cook and stir until melted. Add the flour, mix well. Add the broth and vegetables. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Pour into a deep dish pie pan. Arrange pie crust over the top and flute the edges. Cut slits in the pie crust to allow steam to escape.
- Bake 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
This recipe looked promising. It was very easy to prepare but no could stomach more than 2 bites. I'm not sure if it was the italian dressing or if the cream cheese was just too thick. I didn't think it was awful but DH & DS did. Sorry!
I have made this recipe twice. We really enjoyed it and it was easy to make.