1 hr 20 mins
Cherry cobbler has always been a family favorite. This recipe is an adaptation of the one popularized by Minute Tapioca.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 (16 ounce) cans tart cherries, drained
- 1/2 cup cherry juice, reserved
- 3 tablespoons minute tapioca
- 1 1/3 cups sugar or 1 1/3 cups Splenda granular
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar or 1 tablespoon Splenda granular
- 1 (16 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Set pie crusts out to reach room temperature.
- 3Mix first 8 ingredients in a bowl; let stand 15 minutes.
- 4Line deep dish (2") pie plate with bottom crust.
- 5Add fruit mixture.
- 6Dot with margarine or butter.
- 7Cover pie with top crust; seal and crimp the edges.
- 8Cut several slits in top crust and brush with beaten egg.
- 9Bake approximately 50 minutes (juices will bubble and burst slowly).
- 10Remove from oven and sprinkle with sugar.
- 11Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deep Dish Cherry Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 529.7
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 427.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 53.6 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: