Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
Cherry cobbler has always been a family favorite. This recipe is an adaptation of the one popularized by Minute Tapioca.
- 3 (16 ounce) cans tart cherries, drained
- 1⁄2 cup cherry juice, reserved
- 3 tablespoons minute tapioca
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar or 1 1⁄3 cups Splenda granular
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar or 1 tablespoon Splenda granular
- 1 (16 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Set pie crusts out to reach room temperature.
- Mix first 8 ingredients in a bowl; let stand 15 minutes.
- Line deep dish (2") pie plate with bottom crust.
- Add fruit mixture.
- Dot with margarine or butter.
- Cover pie with top crust; seal and crimp the edges.
- Cut several slits in top crust and brush with beaten egg.
- Bake approximately 50 minutes (juices will bubble and burst slowly).
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with sugar.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.