Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Taken from June/July 2003's edition of Cooking Pleasures. Cooking time includes cooling time for frosting.
- 236.59 ml butter, melted
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml flour
- 177.44 ml cocoa
- 3.69 ml baking powder
- 3.69 ml salt
- 113.39 g semisweet baking chocolate, chopped
- 14.79 ml butter
- 59.14 ml water
- 236.59 ml icing sugar
- 0.59 ml salt
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- For Brownies:.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8in square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Whisk in eggs until well combined.
- In med bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually stir flour mixture into egg mixture until well combined.
- Spread into pan.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center come out clean but with crumbs attatched (brownie may sink in center).
- Do not overbake.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate, butter and water in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, stir together icing sugar and salt, stir into chocolate mixture.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Cool until frosting thickens slightly (about 30 minutes.).
- Spread frosting over cooled brownies.
A good brownie recipe that makes a nice, deep pan of brownies. I would reduce the butter, though, if making again, because they came out somewhat greasy in appearance - although DH says they're absolutely decadent. Thanks for posting, Sam! Made for PRMR Tag.
Took these to the DS's music recreation group and they were raved about, they loved them. Considered to sinfully rich and delicious. Thank you Sam #3. Made for Please Review My Recipe tag game.
These are very good brownies! My family enjoyed them a lot. I will be making these again since I make brownies frequently. A keeper!