Recipe by Rita~
With hints of lavender, vanilla, cardamon and or cinnamon. Try with all or any of the spices. Serve with ice cream if desired. This is tasty chilled or warm.
- 2 prepared pie crusts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lavender buds (optional)
- 1 inch piece vanilla bean (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 pinch ground cardamom (optional)
- 8 cups fresh blueberries, Not frozen picked over and rinsed
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place rack in lower third of oven.
- Another rack below it with a cookie sheet covered with foil to catch any drippings.
- Place one crust in a deep pie dish.
- In a blender blend sugar lavender, vanilla, cinnamon, and cardamom till fine.
- Mix in flour.
- In a large bowl place blueberries toss with lemon juice.
- Toss is sugar/flour mixture.
- Pile blueberries in the pie dish, pack them inches.
- Top with any remaining sugar/flour mixture.
- Dot with butter.
- Top with second pie crust.
- Sealing it and adding vents as desired.
- Brush with water.
- Then sprinkle sugar and or cinnamon on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes lower heat to 325 and bake for 35-45 minutes.