Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
The addition of raisins to this wonderful apple pie makes this even more special...A fantastic-tasting pie! (Prep time does not include making the pastry)
- 2 1⁄2 lbs golden delicious apples, peeled and thinly sliced (6-7)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into very small pieces
- 1 pastry dough, for a double pie (9-inch)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees (bottom rack).
- In a large bowl, combine apples, raisins, sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and cloves.
- Mound mixture in prepared unbaked pastry shell; dot with small pieces of butter.
- Cover the filling with top pie crust; seal, and flute edges.
- Cut several vents/slits in top crust to vent out steam.
- Place on a cookie sheet if desired to prevent spills.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until crust is golden, and apples are tender.
- Cool at least 30 minutes before serving.