Boyz 5's Note:
With this recipe, you CAN have your cake and eat it too!! A "Company's Coming" dessert that is different and decadent.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 360°F.
- 2For this recipe, will need 8 individual-sized baking dishes such as souffle cups or ramekins.
- 3Prepare souffle cups OR ramekins by buttering bottom and sides of cups and lining bottoms with cut-to-fit parchment or waxed paper circles.
- 4Prepare pound cake according to package directions and set aside.
- 5In a separate bowl, break up apple pie (crust and all) into bite-sized pieces.
- 6Place 3 tablespoons of caramel sauce in bottom of each souffle cup or ramekin and then top with 3 to 4 tablespoons of apple-pie pieces, arranging them evenly over caramel.
- 7Carefully spoon cake batter into each baking cup, filling to just below the rim; place filled baking cups on cookie sheet or baking tray.
- 8Bake for 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- 9Let cakes cool for 45 minutes.
- 10To serve, run knife around sides of each cake to loosen; then place dessert plate over top of baking cup and flip over, jostling dish slightly to fully remove cake and sauce.
- 11Garnish with whipped cream and apple slices, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deep Dish Apple Pie Upside Down Cake
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.7
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 94.9 mg
- Sodium 406.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: