Boyz 5's Note:
With this recipe, you CAN have your cake and eat it too!! A "Company's Coming" dessert that is different and decadent.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 360°F.
- 2For this recipe, will need 8 individual-sized baking dishes such as souffle cups or ramekins.
- 3Prepare souffle cups OR ramekins by buttering bottom and sides of cups and lining bottoms with cut-to-fit parchment or waxed paper circles.
- 4Prepare pound cake according to package directions and set aside.
- 5In a separate bowl, break up apple pie (crust and all) into bite-sized pieces.
- 6Place 3 tablespoons of caramel sauce in bottom of each souffle cup or ramekin and then top with 3 to 4 tablespoons of apple-pie pieces, arranging them evenly over caramel.
- 7Carefully spoon cake batter into each baking cup, filling to just below the rim; place filled baking cups on cookie sheet or baking tray.
- 8Bake for 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- 9Let cakes cool for 45 minutes.
- 10To serve, run knife around sides of each cake to loosen; then place dessert plate over top of baking cup and flip over, jostling dish slightly to fully remove cake and sauce.
- 11Garnish with whipped cream and apple slices, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deep Dish Apple Pie Upside Down Cake
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.7
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 94.9 mg
- Sodium 406.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: