Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
With this recipe, you CAN have your cake and eat it too!! A "Company's Coming" dessert that is different and decadent.
- 1 deep-dish baked apple pie (your own homemade OR store bought)
- 1 purchased butter pound cake
- 1 1⁄2 cups caramel sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups prepared whipped cream (optional)
- green apple, slices (to garnish) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 360°F.
- For this recipe, will need 8 individual-sized baking dishes such as souffle cups or ramekins.
- Prepare souffle cups OR ramekins by buttering bottom and sides of cups and lining bottoms with cut-to-fit parchment or waxed paper circles.
- Prepare pound cake according to package directions and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, break up apple pie (crust and all) into bite-sized pieces.
- Place 3 tablespoons of caramel sauce in bottom of each souffle cup or ramekin and then top with 3 to 4 tablespoons of apple-pie pieces, arranging them evenly over caramel.
- Carefully spoon cake batter into each baking cup, filling to just below the rim; place filled baking cups on cookie sheet or baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Let cakes cool for 45 minutes.
- To serve, run knife around sides of each cake to loosen; then place dessert plate over top of baking cup and flip over, jostling dish slightly to fully remove cake and sauce.
- Garnish with whipped cream and apple slices, if desired.
Ooey gooey goodness! I made these into cupcakes and they were part of a late-night dessert tray I served over the weekend; they were a hit! I did manage to sneak one for myself before they all disappeared and I agree with the rest of them-ooey gooey goddness! TFS