Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Simple no-crust deep dish pie was adapted from Bon Appetit (August 1984).
Make and share this Deep-dish Apple Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 6 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (for pie filling)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons apple cider or 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar (for topping)
- 1 cup flour (for topping)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 9-inch (at least 1/2 inch deep) pie pan with cooking spray.
- Combine first 7 ingredients (apples- cinnamon) in bowl.
- Spoon apple mixture into pie pan.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- To make topping: Combine last three ingredients (1 1/2 cups brown sugar- butter) with fork until crumbly.
- Sprinkle topping over apples.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until brown and bubbling.