Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Simple no-crust deep dish pie was adapted from Bon Appetit (August 1984).
Make and share this Deep-dish Apple Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 6 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (for pie filling)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons apple cider or 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar (for topping)
- 1 cup flour (for topping)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 9-inch (at least 1/2 inch deep) pie pan with cooking spray.
- Combine first 7 ingredients (apples- cinnamon) in bowl.
- Spoon apple mixture into pie pan.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- To make topping: Combine last three ingredients (1 1/2 cups brown sugar- butter) with fork until crumbly.
- Sprinkle topping over apples.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until brown and bubbling.
This was so good. I'm going to be making this more in the Fall/Winter, but we all enjoyed it. I used walnuts instead of pecans and toasted them first.
Excellent! I didn't have time to bother with a crust,so this recipe appealed to me right away. This was a snap to throw together and disappeared in seconds. Everyone enjoyed this sweet, delicious apple crumble pie. Accurate instructions.
This is the best apple pie I've ever had, and it was very easy to make.