1/4 Photos of Deep-Dish Apple Pie
1 hr 30 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 classic pie crust, sufficient for bottom and top of 10 inch deep dish pie (try Classic Pie Crust, Idiot Proof Step-By-Step Photo Tutorial)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 lbs granny smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1Note: if you are making a 9-inch pie you will need approximately 1/4 less ingredients.
- 2Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 3In a large saute pan, melt the butter.
- 4Add the apples and saute for 2 minutes.
- 5Add the sugars, lemon juice and flour.
- 6Continue to saute for 2 minutes.
- 7Season the apples with nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt.
- 8Add pecans and Mix thoroughly and remove from the heat.
- 9Cool the mixture.
- 10Roll out each half of dough to 12 inches in diameter and about 1/8-inch thick.
- 11Fold one circle of dough in fourths.
- 12Carefully lift the dough and place in a 10-inch deep dish pie pan.
- 13Unfold the pie dough and spoon the apples into the pie shell.
- 14Place the second round of dough over the apples.
- 15Using a sharp knife, cut away the excess dough.
- 16Using your fingers, crimp the edges of the pie firmly to seal the dough completely.
- 17With the same sharp knife, make three slits, about 4 inches long and 2 inches apart, across the pie dough.
- 18Egg wash the top of the pie and sprinkle with sugar. Place the pie in the oven and bake for about 55 minutes or until crust is done and juices are bubbling.
- 19Serve warm or cold.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deep-Dish Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (2440 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3791.4
- Calories from Fat 1585
- Total Fat 176.1 g
- Saturated Fat 44.1 g
- Cholesterol 91.5 mg
- Sodium 2453.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 573.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 62.5 g
- Sugars 401.0 g
- Protein 28.1 g