crust and topping
- 1 (510 g) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 7 cups apples, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour 13x9x2 inch pan.
- For crust and topping, combine cake mix, oats, walnuts and melted margarine in large bowl.
- Sprinkle half the mixture into pan.
- For filling, combine apples, raisins, water, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in large saucepan. Stir occasionnally over low heat for 10 minutes. Spread filling over crust in pan. Sprinkle remaining topping mixture over filling.
- Bake at 350F for 35 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm or at room temperature.