Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Two treats in one! Eat them still warm from the oven for ultra-chocolaty home-style brownies. Refrigerate them overnight and they turn into a dense, fudgy, decadent treat. Either way, bliss!
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup flour
- Melt chocolate and butter.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Then mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Mix dry ingredients together and add.
- Mix well.
- Bake in greased 9x9 pan, 25-30 minutes at 350.
- To make a 9x13 pan, increase ingredients by 50%.
Warm from the oven, I would have given these brownies 3 stars. They were far, far too bitter for my taste. However, after cooling overnight (I did not refrigerate), the flavor mellowed. I cut them into very small squares for serving, as they are absolutely very rich and dense. I think that walnuts would be a great addition to these brownies. Of course, as the description promises, these brownies are ultra-chocolaty...