Recipe by mary winecoff
This is a quick and easy recipe for cookies made with a sugar cookie dough starter. These cookies have a crunchy cookie crust and a liqueur spiked layer of chocolate fudge. This recipe comes from Camilla Saulsbury.
- 1 (18 ounce) roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough, well chilled
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons orange liqueur (or coffee)
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Spray a 13 x 9 inch pan with cooking spray or line with foil.
- Cut cookie dough into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Arrange slices in bottom of pan.
- With floured fingers, press dough evenly to form crust.
- Bake 15 - 18 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- In medium saucepan over low heat combine semisweet chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk; cook and stir until smooth and chips are melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in liqueur; spread over cooled crust.
- In small saucepan over low heat combine white chocolate chips and shortening.
- Stir until melted and smooth.
- Drizzle over chocolate-liqueur layer.
- Refrigerate 1-2 hours or until set.
- Cut into bars or squares.