1/4 Photos of Deep Dark Chocolate Sour Cream Bars
mary winecoff's Note:
These cookies come from Camilla Saulsbury's Cake Mix Cookies book. My son (age 9) actually made these and they are VERY rich. Kinda a cross between a chocolate cake and a brownie. Perfect for your chocolate lover and very easy to do. Uses a chocolate cake mix.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Spray the bottom only of a 13 x 9 inch metal baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3Reserve 1 cup of the cake mix; set aside.
- 4In a large bowl place remaining cake mix, 1 of the eggs, and 1/4 cup melted butter.
- 5Blend 1 to 2 minutes with an electric mixture on low speed until well blended.
- 6Press mixture into prepared pan.
- 7In medium bowl mix remaining 3 eggs, sour cream, brown sugar and remaining 1/2 cup melted butter with electric mixer set on low speed until well blended.
- 8Add reserved cake mix, beating 2 minutes on medium speed until mixture is smooth; stir in chocolate chips.
- 9Pour over prepared crust.
- 10Bake for 35 to 38 minutes, until just set and light golden on top.
- 11Cool completely.
- 12Cut into bars and sift with cocoa powder if desired.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deep Dark Chocolate Sour Cream Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1538 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.4
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 54.7 mg
- Sodium 238.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 3.2 g