Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
These cookies come from Camilla Saulsbury's Cake Mix Cookies book. My son (age 9) actually made these and they are VERY rich. Kinda a cross between a chocolate cake and a brownie. Perfect for your chocolate lover and very easy to do. Uses a chocolate cake mix.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package fudge cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted and divided
- 1 cup sour cream, not reduced fat
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Spray the bottom only of a 13 x 9 inch metal baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Reserve 1 cup of the cake mix; set aside.
- In a large bowl place remaining cake mix, 1 of the eggs, and 1/4 cup melted butter.
- Blend 1 to 2 minutes with an electric mixture on low speed until well blended.
- Press mixture into prepared pan.
- In medium bowl mix remaining 3 eggs, sour cream, brown sugar and remaining 1/2 cup melted butter with electric mixer set on low speed until well blended.
- Add reserved cake mix, beating 2 minutes on medium speed until mixture is smooth; stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour over prepared crust.
- Bake for 35 to 38 minutes, until just set and light golden on top.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into bars and sift with cocoa powder if desired.
Thank you for posting these, Mary! They are rich, gooey and delicious! I didn't have a metal pan, so I used my glass one and they came out great! They are hard to cut though, because they are so chocolately, but delicious none the less. Big hit with my family! Easy too! P.S. I'm eating one right now for breakfast...ssshhhhh!
Wow! What a hit!! I made these today and offered them to DH, DGS, and 3 contractors/handymen who were working in my home. One guy actually told me that they were the BEST brownies he had ever had in his life! Needless to say, these did not last long around here. Made as directed and everyone loved them. Even tho I'm not a dessert/snack maker - these will be listed in my favorites to make again. Thanks Mary for making me look so good! Made for Zaar Stars.
Easy to make & WONDERFUL to eat ~ Just what a chocoholic would order! Made these up to share with some friends, then decided to keep them right here at home! A great 3-way chocolate fix! Love them & will be making these again & again! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hit (& currently 4!) Wonders cooking game]