This is off a King Arthur Flour bag. It says, "This rich chocolate cake is ultra-quick and simple to prepare. As it bakes, a delicious fudge sauce magically forms in the bottom of the pan; to serve, spoon the cake and hot sauce into a dish, then top with ice cream or whipped cream (if your diet can handle it!) Serve this cake hot (or warm) from the oven, or at room temperature; as the cake cools, the sauce thickens into an applesauce-like consistency."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla or 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1/4 cup butter, melted or 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2-3/4 cup chopped pecans (optional) or 1/2-3/4 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Whisk together first five ingreadients until there are no lumps.
- 3Add the water, vanilla, butter, and nuts. Slowly stir together until just combined (overbeating will make the cake rubbery).
- 4Pour into a lightly greased 8-inch square or 9-inch round cake pan.
- 5Bake the cake for 45 minutes. When the cake is done, the top will be set, and the bottom bubbly.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deep Dark Chocolate Pudding Cake
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.5
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 290.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 33.5 g
- Protein 2.7 g