Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I have been using this for about ten years now...its fast ..fluffy and yet very moist...
Make and share this Deep Dark Chocolate Moist Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Place the two layer size packaged devils food cake mix in a large mixer bowl, and sift out lumps.
- Add all other ingredients into bowl, and beat well, until combined and thick.
- Bake in greased cake pans at 350 degrees preheated oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick or tester comes away clean.
- Cool ten minutes, invert onto cooling rack.
- Fill and frost with your favourite frosting.
- The original frosting that came with this recipe is as follows:
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar.
- 1 teaspoon molasses.
- 1 teaspoon rum or water.
- 1 can French Vanilla Canned Frosting.
- Dissolve the sugar, water and molasses until dissolved in the microwave. Cool then whip into the one can of frosting to blend.
- These amounts can be doubled the original was triple.
YUM!I made this for a birthday cake and baked in a bundt pan and used a chocolate glaze for the top, it was so delicious, the molasses and cocoa powder really made the chocolate flavor pop. the cake was very moist and everyone loved it!!!!
This is so very rich and yummy!! So easy and quick to make - wow. No need to tell anyone you used boxed cake, because it's got a bit of 'home-made-ness' thrown in! ;-) I made this for my daughter's third birthday, and used chopped Reese's PB cups for filling, and chocolate buttercream frosting. (with fondant and Veggie Tales topper!) People said it was rich, so people had small peices...so i ended up with way too much cake, but I'll sure enjoy it for months to come. muaahhahaa!
This cake is outstanding andypandy. Made it for a birthday and it was +5 by all. This has become a new favorite with copies at many friends houses. So easy and such a winner. Thanks for sharing this great recipe