Recipe by andypandy
I have been using this for about ten years now...its fast ..fluffy and yet very moist...
Top Review by mandabears
YUM!I made this for a birthday cake and baked in a bundt pan and used a chocolate glaze for the top, it was so delicious, the molasses and cocoa powder really made the chocolate flavor pop. the cake was very moist and everyone loved it!!!!
- 1 (515 g) box devil's food cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark molasses
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the two layer size packaged devils food cake mix in a large mixer bowl, and sift out lumps.
- Add all other ingredients into bowl, and beat well, until combined and thick.
- Bake in greased cake pans at 350 degrees preheated oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick or tester comes away clean.
- Cool ten minutes, invert onto cooling rack.
- Fill and frost with your favourite frosting.
- The original frosting that came with this recipe is as follows:
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar.
- 1 teaspoon molasses.
- 1 teaspoon rum or water.
- 1 can French Vanilla Canned Frosting.
- Dissolve the sugar, water and molasses until dissolved in the microwave. Cool then whip into the one can of frosting to blend.
- These amounts can be doubled the original was triple.