Prep 0 mins
Cook 22 mins
Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! These are full of chocolate and very decadent. Not for the diet concious but if you love chocolate you will definetly love these cookies!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces semisweet baking chocolate
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 12 tablespoons butter, softened (Not margarine)
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a saucepan melt together the semi-sweet and unsweetened baking chocolates over low heat.
- In a bowl sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl cream together butter and sugar for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, until smooth, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla and melted chocolate and mix until smooth.
- Carefully add dry ingredients to butter/sugar mixture and mix until well blended.
- Carefully fold in chocolate chips until blended.
- Drop by 2 tbsps (each cookie consists of 2 tbsps dough) onto ungreased nonstick cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 18-22 minutes.
These turned out fairly dry for me, and I cooked them well under the suggested cooking time. Not worth the effort nd ingredients for me.
I love these cookies, the are the best fuggiest cookies. I add walnut pieces to mine, and they are out of this world. Always a hit with or without nuts.
This recipe is from the Death By Chocolate Cookbook by Marcel Desauliniers, owner of a local resturant in Williamsburg, VA, The Trellis. They are absolutely the best chocolate cookies I have ever made or tasted. Even the batter is fab!