Recipe by ferret_kitty_fox
This is my personal favorite! It's excellent for birthdays, anniversarys or anything else where you want to decorate the cake youself.
Top Review by Kristenblakley
This recipe is a keeper! I made this recipe last night for a co-workers birthday. Every one loved this cake and one person told me it was the best cupcake he had ever had. I did make a slight change to the recipe instead of boiling water I used hot coffee. The coffee flavor isn't strong enough to be tasted but it does make the chocolate taste richer. Also I used the regular sized cupcake tin, from the serving size v and length of cooking the original recipe must have used the large muffin tins. I was able to make 27 cupcakes and only needed to bake for 20 minutes. <br/>P.S. I made this recipe again tonight for my son's birthday tomorrow. Thanks for sharing it!
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the boiling wter. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Mix in boiling water, the batter will be thin, don't worry
- Pour into greased cupcake pans and bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.