Here it is -- the best chocolate cake ever! Perfect for birthdays.
Make and share this Deep Dark Chocolate Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour one 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- If you want a layer cake, use two 9-inch pans.
- In large bowl, stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add eggs, buttermilk, coffee (if making with instant, use 2 tsp to make 1 cup), oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of electric mixer 2 minutes. Batter will be thin.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean (30-35 minutes for round pans, 35-40 minutes for rectangular pans).
- Cool 10 minutes; (if using 9-inch round cake pans, remove from pan) and cool on wire racks.
- Cool completely, then frost with your favourite vanilla icing.