1/7 Photos of Deep Dark Chocolate Cake
Here it is -- the best chocolate cake ever! Perfect for birthdays.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease and flour one 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- 3If you want a layer cake, use two 9-inch pans.
- 4In large bowl, stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- 5Add eggs, buttermilk, coffee (if making with instant, use 2 tsp to make 1 cup), oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of electric mixer 2 minutes. Batter will be thin.
- 6Pour into prepared pan.
- 7Bake until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean (30-35 minutes for round pans, 35-40 minutes for rectangular pans).
- 8Cool 10 minutes; (if using 9-inch round cake pans, remove from pan) and cool on wire racks.
- 9Cool completely, then frost with your favourite vanilla icing.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deep Dark Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.8
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 23.8 mg
- Sodium 351.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 25.7 g
- Protein 3.4 g