Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Make and share this Deep Chocolate Sour Cream Pound Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Position a rack in the center of the oven; preheat oven to 325°.
- Grease the inside of a 10-inch Bundt pan; dust the pan with flour; tap out excess flour.
- Sift together the flours, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt into a bowl; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, using the paddle attachment, beat the butter at medium speed until very creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Gradually beat in the sugar.
- Increase speed to med-high and beat until the mixture is well blended and light, about 4 minutes.
- At medium speed, beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- In a small bowl, stir the vanilla extract into the sour cream.
- If your mixer has a splatter shield attachment, add it now.
- At low speed, add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture in three additions, alternating with the sour cream mixture in two additions and mixing just until blended.
- Scrape batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake the cake for 65-75 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Invert the cake onto the rack and let cool completely.
- Recommended to glaze w/ Bittersweet Chocolate Glaze (recipe posted separately).