4 hrs 20 mins
Chocolate and Raspberry, YUMMY! Need I say more?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed (reserve juice)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 chocolate cookie pie crust
- 6 cups vanilla ice cream or 6 cups mocha ice cream or 6 cups chocolate ice cream
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1Place raspberries (with liquid), sugar, and cornstarch in a medium saucepan and toss.
- 2until cornstarch is completely dissolved. Place over medium-high heat, bring to a boil, and continue boiling 1 minute to.
- 3thicken, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, stir in almond extract, and let cool.
- 5Meanwhile, place whipped topping in a medium bowl, sift cocoa over whipped topping, and gently fold in until well.
- 7Spoon half of raspberry mixture evenly over chocolate crust. Gently spoon ice cream.
- 8on top, being careful not to disturb raspberry mixture. Mound ice cream, then top.
- 9with whipped topping mixture, spreading evenly over all. Cover loosely with aluminum foil after placing wooden picks around top and sides to prevent wrap.
- 10from sticking to topping. Freeze until firm, at least 4 hours.
- 11Meanwhile, make chocolate hearts. Place chocolate chips into small resealable plastic bag. Place bag in a cup of hot.
- 12tap water 60 seconds or until chocolate chips have melted, squeezing bag with fingers to heat evenly. Cut a very small.
- 13piece from corner of bag. On a sheet of plastic wrap, squeeze chocolate from bag through cut corner to draw 8 (2-inch).
- 14hearts. Then fill in heart with chocolate by squeezing and moving bag back and forth,.
- 15slightly mounding chocolate. Place in freezer at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- 16To serve, place wedge of pie on dessert plate, and spoon about 2 teaspoons of reserved sauce on side. Carefully remove.
- 17chocolate hearts from plastic wrap. Place chocolate heart on slice or lean heart at an angle against wedge, with tip in sauce.
- 18Store any remaining raspberry sauce in refrigerator and ice cream pie and hearts inches.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deep Chocolate Raspberry Ice Cream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 498.3
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 55.2 mg
- Sodium 288.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 43.0 g
- Protein 6.6 g