Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Chocolate and Raspberry, YUMMY! Need I say more?
Make and share this Deep Chocolate Raspberry Ice Cream Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed (reserve juice)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 chocolate cookie pie crust
- 6 cups vanilla ice cream or 6 cups mocha ice cream or 6 cups chocolate ice cream
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Place raspberries (with liquid), sugar, and cornstarch in a medium saucepan and toss.
- until cornstarch is completely dissolved. Place over medium-high heat, bring to a boil, and continue boiling 1 minute to.
- thicken, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, stir in almond extract, and let cool.
- Meanwhile, place whipped topping in a medium bowl, sift cocoa over whipped topping, and gently fold in until well.
- Spoon half of raspberry mixture evenly over chocolate crust. Gently spoon ice cream.
- on top, being careful not to disturb raspberry mixture. Mound ice cream, then top.
- with whipped topping mixture, spreading evenly over all. Cover loosely with aluminum foil after placing wooden picks around top and sides to prevent wrap.
- from sticking to topping. Freeze until firm, at least 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, make chocolate hearts. Place chocolate chips into small resealable plastic bag. Place bag in a cup of hot.
- tap water 60 seconds or until chocolate chips have melted, squeezing bag with fingers to heat evenly. Cut a very small.
- piece from corner of bag. On a sheet of plastic wrap, squeeze chocolate from bag through cut corner to draw 8 (2-inch).
- hearts. Then fill in heart with chocolate by squeezing and moving bag back and forth,.
- slightly mounding chocolate. Place in freezer at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- To serve, place wedge of pie on dessert plate, and spoon about 2 teaspoons of reserved sauce on side. Carefully remove.
- chocolate hearts from plastic wrap. Place chocolate heart on slice or lean heart at an angle against wedge, with tip in sauce.
- Store any remaining raspberry sauce in refrigerator and ice cream pie and hearts inches.
We really liked this, made out of vanilla ice cream.