Recipe by HokiesMom
Found in Family Circle. These have such a nice deep flavor of chocolate and the addition of some espresso does not hurt one bit! I could not find mini Hershey Kisses so I used some Nestle Semisweet Chocolate Chips and they worked fine.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces (1 stick)
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon espresso powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups all purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips (recipe calls for mini Hershey Kisses)
- 1⁄2 cup shelled pistachios, coarsely chopped
- extra chopped pistachios (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F Line an 8x8x2" baking pan with non-stick foil or parchment paper - leaving an edge so you can lift the brownies out of the pan later.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, combine butter and bittersweet chocolate. Microwave 1 minute, stir and then microwave for an additional 30 seconds. Stir until melted and smooth.
- Add sugar and espresso powder and mix until combined. Add eggs and vanilla and stir until eggs are incorporated.
- Stir in flour and salt until just combined.
- Fold in Kisses (or chocolate chips) and nuts.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool 15 minutes and then using foil edges lift brownies from pan; cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cut into squares and garnish with additional chopped pistachios if desired.