Recipe by RecipeNut
Full of nuts and coconut, the butterscotch topping changes these brownies from ordinary to awesome!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup butterscotch sundae sauce
- 2 cups pecans, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark brown sugar, packed
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 13x9x2 inch baking pan; set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat one of the eggs with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy and light colored. Stir in butterscotch topping. Gently stir in pecans and coconut; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat butter on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Beat in remaining eggs, melted bittersweet chocolate, and vanilla. Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; beat or stir flour mixture into chocolate mixture until combined. Stir in semisweet chocolate chips.
- Spread batter in prepared pan; spread nut mixture over batter. Bake about 35 minutes or until top is golden. Cool in pan on wire reck. Cut in bars.