Recipe by cameyer
I am not sure where this came from, but I have had this recipe for many years. Whenever I take the cake somewhere, I also take the recipe, because everyone wants a copy. I think it is the best butter cake around. I hope you like this too.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 eggs, separated
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Combine flour and baking powder.
- Beat butter and egg yolks until thoroughly combined, add sugar and powdered sugar, beat on high until a lemon color.
- About 5 minutes.
- Add flour & milk alternately, beginning and ending with the flour.
- Add the vanilla and fold in the egg whites.
- Pour into greased and floured 9x13 cake pan.
- Bake 300 degrees 1 hour.
- Take out of oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar, cover with a dish towel until cool.
- Do not over bake.