Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an elegant upgrade to this popular and classic first course appetizer!
Make and share this Deen Brothers Vermouth-Soaked Melon and Prosciutto recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large cantaloupe, halved and seeded
- 8 slices prosciutto, torn into strips
- 2 tablespoons sweet vermouth or 2 tablespoons cream sherry
- fresh mint leaves (to garnish)
- Cut the melon into 8 wedges and then carve away the rind.
- Arrange the melon wedges on a platter.
- Lay prosciutto strips over the melon wedges.
- Drizzle vermouth over the prosciutto and garnish with mint leaves.
- Serve immediately.
This was easy to do and made for a nice presentation However, a lot of the flavor depends on the sweetness of the cantaloupe. I used cream sherry, which was nice - just make sure you drizzle it evenly to distribute the flavor well. A nice, summery first course!