Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The banana in this makes all the difference!
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunk
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 banana
- 1⁄4 cup ice cube
- 2 teaspoons honey (optional)
- pineapple chunk (to garnish)
- In a blender, combine the pineapple chunks, coconut milk, banana, ice and, if desired, honey.
- Puree until smooth.
- Pour into 2 large glasses.
- Garnish each serving with a small wedge of pineapple.
This is exactly how I make my pina colada smoothies. The whole family loves them - they're even a hit with my super-picky 6 year old. Thanks for posting this here.
LOVE it! I mean like 10 stars love it. I cut the recipe in half and then added 1.5 oz of rum; it filled up 3 martini glasses. YUMMO is all I can say! I used light unsweetened coconut milk and a squeeze of agave nectar in place of the honey with great results. Not too sweet and you could definitely taste the pineapple, coconut and banana flavors. Great recipe. Thanks.
This was good. It was a good thing I liked it because the kids weren't interested in it and I got the whole pitcher to myself! I made it with canned pineapple. I think next time, I will use a frozen banana. Reviewed for Healthy Choices ABC tag.