Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Not your ordinary potato salad. This recipe is served warm or at room temperature, like a German Potato salad is served. Very versitile because it can be served for a picnic in the summer sun though it's hearty enough for a dinner in the dead of winter as a one dish meal or along side of a green salad or veggie and warm crusty bread. It's very yummy indeed! Courtesy of the Deen Bros. cookbook "Y'all Come Eat".
- 1 lb red potatoes, unpeeled
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb kielbasa, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1⁄2 celery, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced thin
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- In a large dutchpan, bring water to a boil; add potatoes and boil for about 25 minutes or until tender.
- Let potatoes cool; cut them into quarters and place in a large mixing/serving bowl.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tsp oil over medium-high heat; brown keilbasa and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain and add keilbasa to potatoes.
- For the dressing, whisk vinegar, mustard, garlic,salt and pepper until combined; slowly whisk in 3 Tbsp of oil.
- Add dressing, celery and onions to potato/keilbasa bowl and toss to combine.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.