Recipe by Britta820
This recipe is an adaptation of various other taco dips that I've had throughout my life...it's the first thing to go at any gathering I bring it too!! The recipe I'm giving is approximate and typically used for smaller get togethers...lately, I've had to make double batches at the minimum
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 2 (1/4 cup) packets taco seasoning
- 4 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 6 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup salsa (or cut up tomato, red onion, and jalapeno)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 4 ounces black olives, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the ground turkey and ground beef in a skillet.
- Prepare the ground meat per the taco seasoning packet.
- When the meat and taco seasoning have been combined and thickened pour the mixture into a 9x12 inch pan.
- On top of the meat mixture, sprinkle half of the bag of shredded cheese (this gets all melty and yummy!).
- Next put dollops of sour cream on the cheese and meat then spread around to cover.
- Sprinkle some of the taco seasoning from the second packet onto the sour cream (usually about half a packet).
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese, shredded lettuce, salsa and olives on top.