Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great recipe I make often. Requests are the norm, and people can not believe the tomatoes are canned.
- 2 (850.48 g) canplain diced tomatoes, drained, rinsed
- 5-6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 78.07 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 0.25 ml lemon pepper
- fresh basil, chiffonade (about a handful)
- salt and pepper
- Mix all together and refridge at least 2 hrs, longer is preferable.
- Serve with fresh or toasted french bread.
Awesome recipe. I used balsamic vinegar rather than the lemon juice and I added small diced up pieces of fresh mozzarella. No one could tell they were canned tomatoes. I was sceptical. I thought there's no way this will taste like fresh tomatoes and it really did. I can't wait until the next time I serve this. Thanks.
Oh, man!!!! This was REALLY good. Next time I will substitute Balsamic vinegar for the lemon juice, I will toast my bread too. Otherwise, scrumptious. My friends liked it, and my stepdaughter, who doesn't like tomatoes was using a spoon. :o)
This was really good and easy, had all ingredients on hand.