Recipe by ladyshell2005
Pressure cooked ham and beans prepared in less than two hours favorite condiments chopped onions horseradish served with cornbread if preferred
- 2 lbs cooked ham
- 2 lbs great northern beans
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put beans in pressure cooker fill with enough water to cover beans.
- Add baking soda and stir bring to a rapid boil for 8 minutes turn off cover and let cool for 1 hour.
- Drain and rinse beans in a colander picking out defective beans distinguished by off color of brown.
- Replace beans into pressure cooker; add ham chunks.
- Add salt and pepper and refill with water to cover mixture.
- Pressure cook at medium setting for 30 minutes.
- Let cool to relieve pressure and serve.