We had this at our synagogue's Shabbat Dinner for new members and DH loved it. So, I asked the cook for her recipe and here it is. You can substitute saltine crumbs for the matzo meal. Per Dee do not substitute for "real" sour cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a medium sized bowl, debone salmon and remove skin.
- 3Drain liquid.
- 4Add all other ingredients, except sour cream and mix well.
- 5Fold in sour cream last.
- 6Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- 7Spread salmon mixture in pan.
- 8Smooth out top.
- 9Bake for 30-45 minutes or until top is slightly brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- 10Let sit for 5 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dee Berger's Grandmother's Salmon Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.8
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 160.0 mg
- Sodium 145.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 27.3 g