Prep 24 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Out of my desire to provide a protein-filled breakfast to guests and my family who was quickly growing from twin boys + one, I needed a quick make-ahead breakfast recipe. I found a few breakfast casserole recipes in my search and made them simpler and revised it so you can change them up depending upon the guests you may have. If you need a vegetarian casserole or have sausage on hand instead of bacon it's super simple to omit & replace with different ingredients that are sure to please! I make 2 kinds at the same time so everyone can pick their favorite!
- 24 ounces frozen hash brown potatoes
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 8 ounces bacon or 8 ounces sausage
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Cut bacon up in small pieces (or break sausage up) cook in pan, drain on paper towel & set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9x13 casserole dish.
- Place a layer of potatoes on the bottom of the dish and sprinkle with salt, pepper, onion powder, & garlic powder. Add rest of the potatoes and repeat sprinkling -- Adjust amounts of seasoning to taste.
- Place bacon (or sausage)**, and cheese on top of potatoes.
- In a mixing bowl whisk eggs together, add milk and whisk until incorporated. Pour evenly over top of layers.
- Bake uncovered for about 1 1/2 hours or more - until liquid is gone.
- **To make a Veggie Version I omit the bacon (or sausage) & add:.
- Chopped Onion.
- Chopped Red Pepper.
- Chopped Mushrooms.
- Make it ahead and cut into squares to place into zip lock bags to freeze.
- For a quick breakfast microwave & Enjoy!