Recipe by Kalyy
My family love these cookies! We only get to eat them on Christmas though, in spanish we call this cookies 'deditos de nuez'. This recipe it's delicious, has few ingredients and it's very easy to make. Greetings from Mexico. =)
- 720 g margarine, with salt, softened (8 bars)
- 236.59 ml powdered sugar (150 gr.)
- 250 g pecans, chopped (2 cups)
- 1 kg wheat flour
- 44.37 ml cinnamon (to taste)
- 473.18 ml powdered sugar (aprox.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the margarine bars. It's important to use softened margarine otherwise the dough will be too sticky.
- Slowly add the flour, mix until it's almost well combined, let a bit of flour aside to roll the dough later and to add to the cookies sheet if it's needed.
- Add the sugar and mix until well combined.
- Add the pecans and mix well. Roll the dough if needed, it shouldn't be sticky at this point.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC-220ºC.
- Start making the fingers, size depends on preference.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Let them cool down a bit and roll in the sugar and cinnamon mix while the cookies are still warm.