Recipe by LilPinkieJ
Another cool football tailgate recipe. I, of course, choose green and gold as the only good colors to use for this recipe. You may use any other colors you wish. GO PACK GO!!!
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 (3 ounce) boxes gelatin (any flavor, I used lemon)
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 4 egg whites
- food coloring (Green & Gold!)
- decorator white icing
- fruit leather (your choice of colors)
- pretzel stick
- chocolate-covered almonds (or other chocolate footballs)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare cake batter as directed on package using egg white version. Spoon batter into 24 paper lined muffin cups filling each half full. Bake as directed on package for cupcakes, 18-22 minutes. Cool cupcakes in pan for 15 minutes.
- Pierce cupcakes with a large fork at 1/2 inch intervals. Go deep enough into cupcake. Stir boiling water into dry gelatin in medium bowl at least two minutes until completely dissolved. Carefully spoon over cupcakes. Refrigerate 3 hours.
- Tint whipped topping with food coloring. Frost cupcakes with whipped topping. If desired. If desired draw 50 yard line with white decorator gel. Make pennant by wrapping fruit leather triangle around pretzel stick and plant in field. Decorate with chocolate footballs.
- Store in refrigerator.