Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the March 2012 issue of EveryDay with Rachael Ray magazine.
Make and share this Deconstructed Tex-Mex Pot Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg lightly beaten with a splash water
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 small celery ribs, chipped
- 2 -3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken meat
- Worcestershire sauce
- hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry. Invert 1 bowl or mug that you will be using to serve the potpie and place it on the pastry. Using a sharp knife, cut around the vessel; repeat 3 times to get 4 pastry rounds.
- Arrange the pastry rounds on parchment lined baking sheet ad brush with egg wash. Bake until deep golden, 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a dutch oven, heat the oil over medium-high heat; add the butter to melt. Stir in the onion, bell pepper, celery, garlic, and jalapeno; season with cumin and coriander, salt and pepper. Partially cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in the flour for 1 minute, then stir in the chicken and heat through. Lower the heat and season with the Worcestershire and hot sauce. Spoon the chicken filling into the bowls or mugs and top with the pastry rounds.