2 hrs 20 mins
This is based on a recipe from Better Homes and Gardens Ultimate Casseroles. It is a whilte lasagna and very tasty--a good non-meat dish for dinner, or even as a savory part of a brunch. I upped the seasonings and also made it easier--though it does take longer than the original, as I find that no-boil noodles don't cook enough unless they sit for a bit in the sauce before baking. This is a dish that needs to be made ahead. The cooking time includes the minimum refrigeration time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (9 ounce) box no-boil lasagna noodles
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 ounces fresh basil, cut chiffonade
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup broth (chicken or vegetable)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2-1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1Mix the artichoke hearts, pine nuts, half the garlic, ricotta, half the parmesan, half the basil, egg, and salt together.
- 2Whisk the broth and the flour together, then add the half-and-half. Cook in a saucepan over medium heat until it starts to thicken, then turn off the heat and add the remainder of the basil and garlic.
- 3Spread 1 cup of the sauce in the bottom of a greased 9x13x2 pan.
- 4Put 3 or 4 lasagna noodles on top of the sauce.
- 5Spread 1/3 of the artichoke mixture on top, and top with 1/4 of the remaining sauce.
- 6Top with 3 or 4 lasagna noodles and continue making layers--there should be 3 layers of artichokes and sauce.
- 7Top with the final lasagna noodles and the remainder of the sauce. Press gently on the top with a spatula to compress the layers.
- 8Pour the milk on top to just cover the top noodles.
- 9Sprinkle the remaining parmesan and the mozzerella on top.
- 10Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour (this helps a lot with the no boil noodles).
- 11Put the dish in a cold oven and set the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 12Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, until the top is lightly browned and the sides are bubbly.
Browse Our Top Artichoke Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deconstructed Pesto and Artichoke Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.0
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 87.2 mg
- Sodium 837.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 19.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
no-boil lasagna noodles