Recipe by Hippie2MARS
I absolutely love the flavors in guacamole, so I thought I'd try to find a way to use all the flavors in a different way. This recipe served two, but it would be easy to adapt to a larger crowd. I topped mine with sliced grilled chicken, but I think I'm going to try grilled shrimp next time.
- 1 avocado
- 2 cups spring greens
- 1⁄4 large red onion
- 1 green onion
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 lime
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground sea salt
- 10 grape tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup garlic vinaigrette
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 1 cup of the spring mix in the bottom of two serving bowls.
- Cut red onion into rings and arrange a layer of on each bed of greens.
- Separate avocado from skin and remove pit.
- Cut into slices and arrange on salads.
- Sprinkle salads with sea salt and the juice of the lime.
- Chop fresh cilantro and distribute evenly over the two salads.
- Thinly slice green onion and add to salads.
- Arrange the tomatoes on the salads.
- Dress liberally with the vinaigrette.
- Top with slices of steak or chicken (or grilled shrimp or salmon), if desired.