Recipe by ahein2
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. Deconstructed turkey burger including A1 Bacon Turkey meatballs, A1 Aioli, A1 Bacon Salsa, Cherry and Walnut spinach salad with A1 vinaigrette. Enjoyable and fresh, this dish is a blend of flavors complemented by A1 steak sauce. Enjoy the supple avocado and delectable aioli with the tender meatballs accented by a crisp spinach salad.
Top Review by Joseph H.
All the components blend very well together. The bacon in the relish brings together the avocado and tomato really well and when combined with the Aioli and meatball makes an explosion of flavor with the meatball at the center.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 lb hickory bacon
- 2 avocados
- 1 large roma tomato
- 4 hamburger buns
- 6 ounces spinach
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup dried cherries
- 7 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 16 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- A1 Bacon Meatballs:.
- Cook and chop all bacon (Save grease).
- Mix 8 tbsp A1, ground turkey and 1/2 of the chopped bacon in a bowl.
- Roll into 16 even balls.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Fry meatballs in bacon grease at medium high until all sides are browned.
- Set meatballs evenly distributed upon baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- A1 Bacon Relish:.
- Dice tomato and avocado.
- Add tomatoes and avocado to remaining chopped bacon and 3 tbsp of A1, then mix in bowl.
- A1 Spinach Salad:.
- Chop cherries and walnuts
- Mix cherries and walnuts with spinach in salad bowl.
- A1 Vinaigrette:.
- Blend 1.5 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp A1 and 2 tbsp red wine vinegar.
- A1 Aioli:.
- Whisk 1 tbsp olive oil, 4 tbsp A1 and mayonnaise till completely blended.
- Hamburger bun chips:.
- Toast hamburger buns,
- Flatten and cut into quarters.
- Dish relish and salad on opposite sides of plate.
- Place meatballs on top of relish.
- Drizzle aioli over meatballs.
- Dress salad with Vinaigrette.
- Plate chips on side.