Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Stuffed cabbage made into a casserole
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 sweet onion
- 6 cups chopped cabbage
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paul prudhomme meat seasoning
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 15 ounces glen muir tomato sauce
- 2 cups emeril's beef broth
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 16 ounces rustic cut tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- Dice onions, and add to 1 TBS minced garlic, salt and pepper and ground sirloin in pan and brown until no pink shows.
- Add chopped cabbage, rice and meat mixture into a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- In mixing bowl add the rest of the minced garlic, tomato sauce, rustic cut tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, and the rest of the spices and mix well then pour over the chopped cabbage and beef mixture.
- Mix well then cover with foil and place in over at 350 for 45 minutes - 1 hour or when rice is done and cabbage is no longer crunchy.